Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Clip Art

I use image google a LOT for making school materials or for searches.  However, it can take quite a while to find a copyright-free image for a printable to share or, if I ever get my cottage industry going, to sell.  I have 2 favorite clip art sources, one free and one subscription.

The free one is WPClipart and it has the added bonus that you can put a button on your computer to access it easily.  They have already searched the copyrights of images for you and any of these are free to use.  I have used this for years with no problems.

http://www.wpclipart.com/

The subscription clip art service is Graphics Factory.  I had it for a year and used it a lot.  I let it expire last year but just renewed again.  Just in time too because I'm working on the economic geography "stamps" and am making a Wild West lapbook from scratch.  These will both need a lot of graphics.  I really enjoyed having the subscription that year and used it a lot. 

Why am I telling you this?  Because I just saw last night that they have their year-long subscription (maybe all of their subscriptions) on sale for 50% off!  I'm not sure how long this will last.  A few weeks ago I checked and although it was on sale it wasn't this good - so glad I waited!  Here is the main link:

http://www.graphicsfactory.com/

No, I do not get anything from this positive review.  It's purely altruistic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment