Thursday, December 15, 2011

Lapbook Freebie: Island of the Blue Dolphins

I just noticed last night that the quarterly freebie right now from In the Hands of a Child is a complete lapbook (93 pages!) for The Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell.  My older dds didn't really enjoy the book but it's an excellent book.  I think they didn't enjoy it much because it's not light and happy and they read it years ago  ["It's creepy and she never gets back to her people."].  They may have liked it better if they had been older.  It's based on a true story.  You may want to preview it for your dc - I chose to wait a while when I previewed it for them.  Maybe I should've waited longer?  Click on "freebie" at this link:

http://www.handsofachild.com/

Here is the book:






No comments:

Post a Comment